Thursday 15 December 2011

The truth behind why 'Basanti' danced in front of 'Gabbar' and his minions aka 'Kuttes'...


[Okay this one's totally on-the-fly. I strongly urge the readers to Bite me if they do not agree to the below content!]
So....guess I caught my imaginary reader's attention with the title...and I'm letting presumptions fly when I assume that the whole world knows what movie I'm talking about.

We've all seen Sholay in 'how-many-ever ' parts.... the whole movie...just its ad or described by some weird friend who talks about movies of a bygone era.

This post has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned balderdash! [>.<]

What I do wish to bring to light is a simple fact that I've noticed over a span of 7 years. But first, I must talk a little more crap about stuff that doesn't matter. Skip ahead if you must.


/* Crap describing the scene Begins here*/

So lets recollect the  Basanti-dance-dilemma scene :

The protagonist has been captured by the Villian or 'Gabbar' and has his hands tied to different poles.
Gabbar has also caught the protagonists girlfriend or Basanti [who wants to marry the protagonist in 2 years and hence needs full commitment from him or its the middle finger to his pick up lines.].
                                                             {Guess who is Basanti?}

Now Gabbar wants to watch Basanti dance as shown below, but there's a lot of drama and shit where protagonist doesn't want Basanti to dance to Gabbar....but Basanti is forced or else Protagonist dies!!!

                  (Hahaha ! You read all the above which could be descibed by just this picture!!)

/*Crap describing the scene ends here*/

Now we were made to think by our poor braincells that Basanti danced because the Protagonist's life was threatened by Gabbar. But the reality, in my case, set in after 15 years post watching the movie.
Basanti didn't give a rat's ass what happened to the hero. You see as I mentioned earlier, that after 7 years of watching Basantis [only watching...I've never been the protagonist] I can conclusively say that the reason why Basanti danced was because she knew Gabbar treated her like the way, a HUGE truck treats the common dog/cow excrement on the road.

To be more precise...
Basanti danced because Gabbar's treatment of her like shit, buzzed her brains off , setting off pleasure sensors to such an extent that she couldn't help but dance. In simpler words....she LOVED being treated like that. All that jazz about dancing for the protagonist was only to keep him happy that for him she would dance to death, so that he doesn't feel unwanted. [he's her potential husband you see!]

Now you may ask.."WTF! Why would Basanti love being treated like shit ?"
My friend, if I knew...I already would've fathered half the state's population. Like Chengis Khan did back in his day...[OMFG! HE KNEW THE SECRET!!]

But honestly..its a mysterious fact that all unmarried Basantis, crave [in their own contorted way] to be spat, yelled and cussed at. I'm not saying that they don't get hurt or they don't fight back. They still belong to the human species you see. What I'm trying to get to, is that they love to draw some sort of weird pleasure out of the hurt and the humiliation caused. The one's who treat them with respect and are chivalrous get slapped in the face by their chappal and sidelined.
Now this is where it gets reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting. The slap here is an opportunity for the decent(/gay) Gentleman, to score the chick. How ? Well if he turns vile and retaliates like a mindless blood thirsty hound, then Basanti has successfully turned the protagonist to Gabbar. [$_$ Profit baby!]
But but but....if the guy is genuinely decent(/gay) the wouldn't retaliate...he'd just walk away, thus losing the girl recursively!

Haha wasn't that fun!!?

Anyway, before any dumbass reading this gets inspired to go treat some female like above, thinking he'd be scoring that chick...be warned.....
I've also seen genuine ladies [not the common term used by bus conductors...the royal Lord and Lady type 'Lady' ]. These one's prefer chivalry over testosterone. If you are genuinely nice and caring, they will let you be the man, whom they let serenade themselves into a ball room. It really depends on you sir. As you must've heard...birds of a feather, flock together. Not only in terms of what girlfriend you get, but also in terms of what type of female friends or general pals you have. I've been trying to figure out what type of bird I am, myself.

Question: So where does the above, wall of text, leave you?
Answer:  Right where you started when you chose to read this topic.

Because, I started out with the notion that all girls are like Basanti, but suddenly I took a U turn and said that not all girls are like that, contradicting myself [I tricked you. Bite me.]  Leaving us with a null statement. Haha! Chillout.

Breathe easy. \/

3 comments:

  1. Such a masochistic post...lol..and you are trying to be diplomatic too here..interesting...
    I donno what experiences you've had that you drew this conclusion about "Basanti-loving-being-treated-badly"... May be there are ladies out there like this..who like to shed few tears sympathizing themselves because I've myself seen a couple of my friends that way...but I am absolutely sure that they don't enjoy it in anyway.

    What I have understood from them is, if a girl loves the person who is mistreating her, she'd continue to dance to his whiplash just in a hope that it might soften his heart and he might treat her the way she should be treated.
    If she doesn't love the person and the other man intimidates her or tries to frighten her, she'd still dance to prove her worth and earn some respect from him..
    And a girl doesn't slap a guy to make them mistreat her and then fall in love with that crap fellow..ROTFL!! What a conclusion...!!!! the fact is that a girl retaliates when she is hurt in anyway, but she also knows how to forgive..and would definitely go for the guy if the guy proves his love and presence worth enough for the girl to admire....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in Sholay Basanti did dance for Veeruuu only..no second thoughts here!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watttahh notion

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to enter the Captcha text at the very bottom...if you're gonna post a comment.

Creative Commons License
EpicRotis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.