Sunday 5 February 2012

Philosofuckall

Hey there, fellow citizens of absolute fuck all! Greetings!!

Guess you're wondering what the heck does the title mean.You aren't ? Good.
I'm sure we all have had people around us who at the most opportune of times, break into a quote from some epic personalities, like Carl Jung, Osho, Friedrich Nietzsche etc. This doesn't have to be face to face...it could be over the internet too. One fine day, you're trolling over the internet and suddenly some dude/chick (make no mistake..this thing cuts across gender) decides to tell the world that he/she read book or knows a quote from some dude back in the ancient times and pukes that quote all over the place, leaving you like this..

: |



This is the best and most powerful way to win an argument with most people! 
So, you're arguing with your wife over whose turn it is to change the baby's diapers..suddenly she breaks into a quote from Franz Kafka...
"The decisive moment in human evolution is perpetual. That is why the revolutionary spiritual movements that declare all former things worthless are in the right, for nothing has yet happened"

leaving you bruised and wondering "What the hell did she say?", with a dirty diaper in your hand of course.
You get what I'm trying to convey, right ? It doesn't even have to be related to the context, any random quote, will suffice.
I used to enjoy listening to such people talk because, 1.) I used to imagine how that person communicated in day to day life.."O' Charioteer of the jalopy, I urge thee to stop, afore the next confluence of the roads"
and 2.) it never happened to me.
But recently, I heard someone recite some quote from some dude, which somehow managed to mix basic math and geometry with philosophical virtue. I forgot what it was, something to do with circles and the absolute or modulus functions or SOME SHIT!
I was like this..


A whaa?




I wanted to ask that person (more like yell at 'em)..." Hey!! Do you even know what that means or stands for ?!" 

Seriously, real philosophy is meant to be understood from within and shared only when someone is inclined towards a discussion with some philosophical depth to it. Not when someone is asking you the price of tomatoes!! (Random event. :| ) It kills the conversation and, as in my case, brain cells of the victim.
In normal cases, such people just seem...well I don't have a word to categorize them with..they aren't weird, they aren't abnormal..they aren't normal...(seriously wtf?).
But hey...that's just me..I don't know how other people would react to it. From what I've observed.. people go like this..


Oh yes! MOST DEFINITELY!
But that's okay...we all have the ability to take it with a pinch of salt, don't we? (i.e. while taking enough tequila shots)
All in all, I have nothing against you folks, heck, I'm one of you. This was more like a self realization projected onto an innocent virtual person. I'm sorry, innocent virtual person. We citizens of Fuckall, preaching philosofuckall growth need to..


Breathe easy. \/

2 comments:

  1. The article is true to the word. Quoting shakesphere on some random picture when no one gives a shit makes you look real mature :P.. And the face Oh yes! Most definitely.. I've been there :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks for the read Sahil. Yes I totally agree with you, it should be tactful and the timing has to be perfect, random utterings shall forever be looked down upon! \m/

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to enter the Captcha text at the very bottom...if you're gonna post a comment.

Creative Commons License
EpicRotis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.