Wednesday 11 July 2012

Silence.

Greetings! Its been ages since I could find something to write about and ergo, I was getting kinda cranky.


(But then...suddenly....under the veil of the night, just half past the witching hour (3:30 a.m.) I felt this incessant need...the need to do SOMETHING. I realized I had no choice but to take action..so I opened the bathroom door and did it.)

Scratch that.


It was around 3:40 a.m. and I was listening to some random music that I had recalled having heard back when I was in my pre-teens. It was a cold and dark room with only a faint light of my roommate's laptop screen and I was wide awake, staring at nothingness, thinking about random stuff and after a few moments, this random trail of thoughts, somehow led me towards the human perception of God.

Just to clarify..If you don't believe in God, well...to each his own. I'm not here to 'market' my version or beliefs. I personally do believe in God, but my version is free from the extra accessories that society rubs (and has been rubbing since the beginning of time) into one's face, but that topic is reserved for the very next post, which will be posted soon but later than 'very soon'. :P



So, the moment I reached the 'God station' on my train of thoughts, the first thing that struck me was 'Silence' as being one of His most notable traits.
That reminded me of this incident that happened the other day, when my roommate just burst into this question about God's existence, and if He did exist then why was the world in such suffering. I was watching the rerun of 'Top Gear', showing a Buggati Veyron Supersport going 420+ kmph and upon hearing this, the world's BIGGEST pokerface appeared on my face.
Coming back to the present, I did ponder over the reason behind the Silence and had a sort of a pseudo-epiphany. Let me explain...
There exist three types of Silent entities...(although the Supreme Being is of such transcendence that the word 'entity' doesn't apply to Him, but we're gonna use it here for ease.)

1. Silent by choice.
2. Silent because of the lack of choice.
3. Silent by nature.

The ones who are silent by choice are mostly people who are involved in a search for something, it could as abstract as meaning of life, or as trivial as the search for a job. Also, this type of silence is a product of meditation.

The ones who are silent because of the lack of choice include people who are mute or dead. They were never given the choice between silence and sound.

Then we come to the One who is Silent by nature. It can never be a mortal, no matter how wise or how enlightened. Mortals always are bound to break silence no matter how hard they try. By 'breaking silence' here, I mean that any given person on the planet at any given instance interferes or affects his/her surroundings and the corresponding beings, even in death, we simply don't have a choice. The One who is silent by nature has that choice or the ability to keep out of the box, or interfere with it.

Now, coming to the reason why God would choose to keep Silent. In Indian/Hindu mythology (Since I'm not as well versed with other schools of thought belonging to other religions, as I am about Hinduism I'm using the term "Hindu", but its got nothing to do with religion per se.) God is considered to be The One who has no beginning and no end, He is the Supreme Being, who created Time itself. From whom everything begins and at which everything ends.

Now taking the above factors into consideration, an obvious logic arises, that there would be no need for The Being to interfere with his own 'creation'. Take the following analogy of a child spinning a top on a surface.

Once enough effort has been put to spin the top, there exists no more, a need to put any more effort into it since its already doing it's job. It will spin and eventually come to a halt. The child just has to stand back and enjoy his effort come to fruition, although he can choose to stop it abruptly and kick it aside, but he 'chooses' to not to do so....yet.

So apply the same logic at unimaginably macro and micro levels and you will see the point I'm trying to make.
Whew..after so much typing I choose to..

Breath Easy. \/
-Askios


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to enter the Captcha text at the very bottom...if you're gonna post a comment.

Creative Commons License
EpicRotis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.